Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Is Will Power on the menu?

Well…yesterday was less than a success.  It’s so hot outside I don’t even want go outside for a walk. Walking outside when it’s so hot is not fun for me because I can’t breathe, I have developed asthma (another wonderful side effect from becoming fat).  So yesterday my cardio was walking around Nebraska Furniture Mart.  And to be honest it’s not really cardio because I never did get my heart rate up, I was too busy looking at stuff. 
Will Power. I don’t have it.  Have you ever met someone with will power?  These people are typically skinny, involved in everything, and are great at everything they do!  Is it too late for me to become one of these “Super” people?  Is will power something you are born with?  Was this a class I didn’t take in college?  OR is it something entirely different, such as self-discipline?   So how do you get will power?
(Self-discipline is tomorrow’s blog)
Update: I did not get all of my steps in only 5905 when it was all said and done, and as for sleep…well I’m an awful sleeper. I’m to get 8 hours; I average 5.5 at 77%.  What does this mean? I’m not really sleeping, I’m lying in bed but I’m in that strange in between sleep land. I'll put it this way: I sleep with the TV on and if I’m not in deep sleep and it turns off I wake up.  Sleep is a big part of weight loss. I lost 500 calories just in my sleep!  I did however make my minutes of physical activity (45 minutes a day).  As for calories consumed, I was over, which goes back to will power.  I’m to have only 1200 calories a day.

1 comment:

  1. Tomorrow's a new day. Don't get side tracked with the bad days. It isn't easy...but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete