Monday, July 18, 2011

I take it off in public…

Lost 2.6 this past week!  I’m feeling great about it.  Hopefully this week I’ll be as successful.
This past weekend was fast and crazy!  First off, I can’t remember the last time I got home at 4am… The weekend started off with a bachorlette party on Friday at Funky Town and then on Saturday it was a wrap up with NKOTBSB.  And that leads me to 'taking it off in public'.
I’m going to be honest I cheated all weekend, big time cheating!  It started out with Friday having dinner at Kelso’s and then having adult beverage all night at Funky Town.  Then Saturday, I needed some greasy food so it was on to chubby’s for lunch (I which then had a crap food, and dessert) and then for dinner gross pizza.  So at the concert I had more adult beverages.  I figured I was burning off the drinks as I was drinking them because I was dancing.  I’m glad I wore my arm band because I had over two hours of activity and 13989 steps on Saturday alone!  So that has to be a good thing.
After the concert my friends and I were waiting on our ride to pick us up, so we decided to go get Burger King at the BK bar.  As I’m sitting there enjoying my chicken sandwich the lady sitting next to me made some comment about my bodymedia monitor.  (I can’t remember what she said…) I go on to tell her I always wear it and that tonight was a good night because of all the dancing.  “Well, I take mine off in public”  I didn’t have much to say to that.  I wanted to ask her, well when do you wear your monitor, because I’m in the public every day?   I did try to wear it up on my arm so my sleeves cover it, but it tends to fall down. 
So to the lady who, ‘takes it off in public’ I’m proud to be losing weight, I’m not proud to be fat.  So I’m going to wear my monitor every day, wear it proud, and answer all the questions from strangers.   
Goal for today: get my steps in, because it's crazy hot.

1 comment: