Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Holding Myself Accountable...

I get to wear this awesome monitor every day.  I highly recommend wearing one, its called bodymedia.  Now, I get lots of questions from complete strangers and everyone else in-between, "What is that?"  Basically it looks like the second generation i-pod nano.  This monitor is pretty cool!  It tells me the following things: Calories burned, Calories Consumed, Calorie Balance, Physical Activity, Steps Taken, and Sleep Duration.  The monitor gives me a recommendation of how many steps I need to take, how many calories I've burned, etc.  So twice a day I like to plug it in to see where if I'm at meeting all of my goals.  You are probably asking yourself how the program gets its goals.  Well, I had to tell the program how much weight I want to lose a week and what my goal weight is. Of course I do have to tell the program what I had to eat that day.  And let me tell you, once you see how many calories are things you totally re-think your afternoon snack!

8,000 steps in one day, it doesn't sound like a lot, but it is.  I am a teacher so during the school year I'm up walking around, but its summer now... I'm sitting on my fat ass enjoying the soaps and HBO.  Yesterday, I actually walked 7,304, while it's not a record it was better than the day before.  And shockingly after I logged my food today, I was on a weight lose trend!  While this is great I know my counselor from JC (Jenny Craig) is going to be calling me and asking if I'm eating good... And the answer is NO.

So today is a new day, I am going to eat my JC food for all of my meals and my snacks (no cheating).  I'm also going to write down what I've had to eat over the past few days.  After all aren't I blogging to hold myself accountable? 

No comments:

Post a Comment